Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a middle eastern chickpea salad. It had a lot of pepper which makes the salad. Red onions add color and make it beautiful to look at.
- 16 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Allow five minutes for flavors to mix.
This was delicious in a sandwich and with crackers. Made a nice packable lunch, also. It'seems nice as is, but I added carrots and green onions when I made it again for a few extra veggies. I also cut the olive oil in half. It was just as tasty with less.
Great salad and easy make as well. Red pepper is mentioned in the intro, but not in the recipe ingredients. Based on the intro, I added a little red pepper flakes and they added a nice kick. The only other thing I did was only use 2 tbsp of olive oil and it was just fine. The fresh lemon juice is essential! Next time, I will add some chopped cucumber as well. Thanx for sharing!