Recipe by Vegwife
This is a middle eastern chickpea salad. It had a lot of pepper which makes the salad. Red onions add color and make it beautiful to look at.
Top Review by Cinnamon Turtle
This was delicious in a sandwich and with crackers. Made a nice packable lunch, also. It'seems nice as is, but I added carrots and green onions when I made it again for a few extra veggies. I also cut the olive oil in half. It was just as tasty with less.
- 16 ounces chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 bunch parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper