A strange, but delicious salad that makes an incredible filling for a wrap with some fresh lettuce and tomatoes thrown in.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed (I add four)
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill (3/4 tsp dried)
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup milk or 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- ground black pepper
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1⁄4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped, more to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive, halved, more to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- red hot sauce, to taste
- 1 pinch salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- For the dressing: In a blender, combine olive oil, vinegar, garlic, dill, and feta; puree until smooth. With the blender running, gradually pour in the milk/buttermilk and whirl until creamy. Add pepper to taste. (This dressing keeps in a covered container in fridge for a week).
- For the salad: Mix everything together in a bowl.