Recipe by *Parsley*
Easy, light and healthy source of protein and fiber!
Top Review by chicago gillott-i
this was super yummy! i didn't use the sugar - and didn't measure anything. it was very pretty & just delicious. couldn't really go wrong with all of those veggies, the chick peas & FRESH GARLIC! :)
- 3 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, not dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, not dried
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 6 -8 tablespoons lemon juice, can use lime juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss together the rinsed and drained chickpeas, onion, peppers, cilantro and parsley.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the crushed garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper and (optional) sugar.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mixture and gently toss to coat well.