This is a great mid eastern dish. It will make a great side for any dinner. I am posting this for World Tour-2-Middle Eastern
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 2 (850.48 g) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 118.29 ml kalamata olives or 118.29 ml ripe olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients.
- Combine chickpeas and next 5 ingredients. Add olive oil mixture, tossing to coat.
- * 2 (15-ounce) cans navy beans may be substituted.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Tasty and colorful salad. Very fresh-tasting. I used halved grape tomatoes in place of plum tomatoes. I also added a little bit of minced garlic. It was fantastic as a filling, healthy lunch salad. Thanx for posting!
Very nice. Liked the combo of ingredients for this salad. Used red-wine vinegar instead of white and also a dash of cumin.