Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great mid eastern dish. It will make a great side for any dinner. I am posting this for World Tour-2-Middle Eastern
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup ripe olives, pitted and chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients.
- Combine chickpeas and next 5 ingredients. Add olive oil mixture, tossing to coat.
- * 2 (15-ounce) cans navy beans may be substituted.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Tasty and colorful salad. Very fresh-tasting. I used halved grape tomatoes in place of plum tomatoes. I also added a little bit of minced garlic. It was fantastic as a filling, healthy lunch salad. Thanx for posting!
Very nice. Liked the combo of ingredients for this salad. Used red-wine vinegar instead of white and also a dash of cumin.