Recipe by dicentra
This is incredibly good and very versatile. Use as a dip for crackers, celery, zucchini or cauliflower. OR as a spread for a tortilla wrap with spinach leaves and sliced chicken breast. It is probably very tasty tossed with hot pasta as a pasta sauce too. YUM!
Top Review by zannah17
This was great! It tastes really wonderful. The only things I did differently was I added just a touch of cumin to give it a bit of a smokey background. I aslo added a bit of the juice from the canned chickpeas in addition to using olive oil. I always do this with my hummus as it doesn't tend to seperate as much once stored in the fridge. I probably added a bit less than 1/4 cup. Thanks for the recipe!!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained (garbanzo beans)
- 6 ounces roasted red peppers, drained well and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 garlic cloves, cracked away from peel
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves stripped from stems
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, eyeball it as you drizzle it into recipe