Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This needs to sit for at least an hour for the flavours to 'marry'.
- 2 (15 1/2 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted pepper or 1 (7 ounce) jar pimientos, drained, diced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons drained capers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano (preferably Mediterranean)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- Combine all ingredients and season.
- Allow flavours to ‘marry’ at least 1 hour (in refrigerator) before serving.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead).
Wonderful, easy, delicious! Made the recipe exactly as written and we loved it!
Evelyn, this is delicious AND easy! I love capers so added a bit more. Nice, kinda Italian flavor. I'll make some next time I do an antipasto spread, this would go with it so well!
A little too much oil for me, but a good choice for a vegan potluck. thanks! bet it would be good with feta (barring the vegans...)