Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
When we opened our own little restaurant we were shocked at how much vegetarian food cost us to buy in. A friend gave us this recipe and they cost next to nothing compared to what we were paying for processed vegetarian which we had no idea of what they truly contained.
- Saute onion & mushrooms in oil about 5 minutes until softened.
- In a food processor, combine garlic, chickpeas & liquid. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a large bowl and add mushroom mixture.
- Coarsely grind sunflower seeds in food processor.
- Add to chickpea mixture with cumin & salt. Mix well.
- Stir in breadcrumbs. Mixture will be soft.
- Form into rissoles and roll in sesame seeds.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.