- 2 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces of diced green anaheim chilies
- 6 baby yukon gold potatoes (new about 12 ounces)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot, combine the broth, chickpeas, tomatoes, chilies, potatoes, onion, butter, ginger, 1 teaspoon of salt, cumin, coriander, and cayenne. Stir to mix and nestle the potatoes into the liquid.
- Set the pot, uncovered, over medium heat. Simmer vigorously for about 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add more salt to taste.
- Serve the curry in bowls over Jasmine rice.