Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
From Vegetarian Times
- 29.58 ml grapeseed oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, diced (1 cup)
- 1419.54 ml low sodium vegetable broth
- 473.18 ml corn kernels
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 29.58 ml dried parsley
- 14.79 ml dried sage
- 14.79 ml dried marjoram
- 2 bay leaves
- 453.59 g package egg noodles
- 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 29.58 ml whole wheat flour
- 113.39 g cream cheese
- 118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 473.18 ml peas
- 473.18 ml green beans
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- Cook onion and oil in Dutch oven over medium heat for 15 minutes until browned. Stir in garlic, carrots and celery and saute for 5 minutes.
- Stir in 5 cups of the broth, the corn, chickpeas and all of the spices.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes before stirring in noodles. Cook for an additional 5 minutes until noodles are tender then remove the bay leaves.
- Whisk together the cornstarch, flour and 1 cup of the broth. Stir this with the cream and parmesan cheeses into the vegetable mixture. Remove from heat. Cool then stir in the beans and peas.
- Preheat the oven to 375. Place puff pastry on top of the Dutch oven and tuck in the sides (You can also divide the mixture into small dishes and make individual pot pies).
- Pierce top in several places with knife and then bake 30-40 minutes until crust is flaky and brown.
This is fantastic! I halved the recipe and used canola oil rather than grapeseed oil. Our dinner guest and I both gave it an enthusiastic 5 stars. DD would like to use different seasonings but liked it other wise. Thank you for sharing. Made for Spring 2011 PAC
This is so good. My 4 YO son downed this and asked for more!