1/1 Photo of Chickpea Popcorn
Virtuous Archangel's Note:
Healthy, delicious, proetin- and fibre-rich little bites. What more can you ask for? Makes a great topping or protein add-in to my 'Spicy Peanut Kale' recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas over the sink, using a colander.
- 2Pat-dry the chickpeas with a paper towel so they're not dripping of any excess water. They should still be moist.
- 3Spread the chickpeas out evenly on a cookie sheet, or inside a metal cake pan. Something with short edges will be best so you can let the chickpeas roll around, and not lose any in the process ;-).
- 4Sprinkle the kettlecorn popcorn seasoning, or substitute the salt/sugar mixture, on top of the chickpeas. Then, do the same with the cinnamon. Tilt the pan a few times to evenly coat the chickpeas. Repeat if necessary with the remaining seasoning and cinnamon to taste. Use all of it for a more intense sweet/salty-tasting snack.
- 5Set oven to Broil, and broil for about 20-25 minutes. Be sure to take out the pan and/or move the chickpeas around so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan, and broil evenly.
- 6When finished, the chickpeas should be golden, a little dry on the outside and a little chewy still on the inside. If you want them crunchier, keep them in longer. I like mine a little chewy.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Popcorn
Serving Size: 1 (140 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 340.0
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1407.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.8 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 13.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: