Healthy, delicious, proetin- and fibre-rich little bites. What more can you ask for? Makes a great topping or protein add-in to my 'Spicy Peanut Kale' recipe.
- Drain and rinse the can of chickpeas over the sink, using a colander.
- Pat-dry the chickpeas with a paper towel so they're not dripping of any excess water. They should still be moist.
- Spread the chickpeas out evenly on a cookie sheet, or inside a metal cake pan. Something with short edges will be best so you can let the chickpeas roll around, and not lose any in the process ;-).
- Sprinkle the kettlecorn popcorn seasoning, or substitute the salt/sugar mixture, on top of the chickpeas. Then, do the same with the cinnamon. Tilt the pan a few times to evenly coat the chickpeas. Repeat if necessary with the remaining seasoning and cinnamon to taste. Use all of it for a more intense sweet/salty-tasting snack.
- Set oven to Broil, and broil for about 20-25 minutes. Be sure to take out the pan and/or move the chickpeas around so they don't stick to the bottom of the pan, and broil evenly.
- When finished, the chickpeas should be golden, a little dry on the outside and a little chewy still on the inside. If you want them crunchier, keep them in longer. I like mine a little chewy.