Recipe by manushag
Posted by request, this is a gluten free pizza crust made with spelt and chickpea flours, available in health food stores. You can add garlic, oregano, basil or parmesan cheese to dry ingredients, to make a flavored crust, and top with your favorite pizza toppings. Prep time includes rising time. Although spelt flour does have gluten in it, it is used in many gluten free recipes since people with wheat allergies can usually tolerate spelt flour.
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon dry yeast
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Pour liquid into dry ingredients in Kitchenaid mixer and add olive oil.
- Mix until dough forms, knead in mixer 5 minutes.
- Remove from bowl and oil bowl.
- Replace dough and turn until dough is oiled.
- Cover and let rise until double.
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees.
- Form dough into 2 12 inch pizzas and place on stone or greased pizza pans.
- Top with your favorite toppings and bake at 420 for about 15 to 20 minutes.