Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to prepare & tasty. Great at BBQ's
- 2 cups canned chickpeas
- 3 tablespoons ready made pesto sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup chopped red onion
- Drain and wash chick peas.
- In a bowl, whisk pesto, olive oil, and lemon juice together.
- Add chick peas and red onions and toss together.
- Best served at room temperature.
I served this as an appetizer salad, added sliced black olives for a bit more color contrast. Very good and impressive.
All of my favorite ingredients and so quick to put together. We didn't have a red onion so our yellow was a bit on the strong side and my have overpowered the dish but will definitely try again with the red onion. I always have homemade pesto frozen in ice cube trays.
Very nice salad! The lemon juice adds a nice tang. I agree with Missy Wombat that the pesto quality is VERY important.