I got this from a Woolworths Magazine. Putting it here for myself to try at a later date. Needs 30 minutes chilling and 5 minutes cooling time
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 155 g fresh shelled peas
- 75 g plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (300 g) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 375 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml water
- 8 fresh kaffir lime leaves, roughly torn
- 2 single chicken breast fillets, excess fat trimmed (about 200geach)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/3 cup loosely packed coriander leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1Cook peas in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and just tender.
- 2Refresh under cold water and drain well.
- 3Combine the flour and egg in a large bowl.
- 4Gradually stir in the milk.
- 5Add peas and chickpeas and season with salt and pepper.
- 6Set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- 7Meanwhile make the chicken salad, combine the stock, water and lime leaves in a frying pan over medium heat.
- 8Add the chicken and simmer, turning occasionally until cooked through.
- 9Remove from the heat.
- 10Transfer chicken to a heatproof bowl with 1 tablespoon of the stock mixture.
- 11Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- 12Finely shred the chicken and place in a bowl.
- 13Place sesame seeds in a saucepan over medium heat.
- 14Cook stirring for 2 minutes until toasted.
- 15Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- 16Add to chicken with coriander, mint, soy sauce, lime juice chili sauce and sesame oil.
- 17Gently toss till combined.
- 18Heat oil in a nonstick fry pan over medium heat.
- 19Pour 60ml (1/4cup) of batter into pan.
- 20Repeat to make 3 more fritters, allowing room for spreading.
- 21Cook for 2 minutes or until golden underneath.
- 22Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes until cooked through.
- 23Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- 24Repeat to make 4 more fritters.
- 25Place 2 fritters on each plate and top with chicken salad.
- 26Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea & Pea Fritters With Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (346 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 318.9
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 109.8 mg
- Sodium 673.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 15.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
kaffir lime leaves
chicken breast fillets
sweet chili sauce