Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from a Woolworths Magazine. Putting it here for myself to try at a later date. Needs 30 minutes chilling and 5 minutes cooling time
- 155 g fresh shelled peas
- 75 g plain flour
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (300 g) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 375 ml chicken stock
- 250 ml water
- 8 fresh kaffir lime leaves, roughly torn
- 2 single chicken breast fillets, excess fat trimmed (about 200geach)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1⁄3 cup loosely packed coriander leaves, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed of fresh mint, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cook peas in a saucepan of salted boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green and just tender.
- Refresh under cold water and drain well.
- Combine the flour and egg in a large bowl.
- Gradually stir in the milk.
- Add peas and chickpeas and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to rest.
- Meanwhile make the chicken salad, combine the stock, water and lime leaves in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and simmer, turning occasionally until cooked through.
- Remove from the heat.
- Transfer chicken to a heatproof bowl with 1 tablespoon of the stock mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Finely shred the chicken and place in a bowl.
- Place sesame seeds in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook stirring for 2 minutes until toasted.
- Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Add to chicken with coriander, mint, soy sauce, lime juice chili sauce and sesame oil.
- Gently toss till combined.
- Heat oil in a nonstick fry pan over medium heat.
- Pour 60ml (1/4cup) of batter into pan.
- Repeat to make 3 more fritters, allowing room for spreading.
- Cook for 2 minutes or until golden underneath.
- Turn and cook for a further 2 minutes until cooked through.
- Transfer to a plate and cover with foil.
- Repeat to make 4 more fritters.
- Place 2 fritters on each plate and top with chicken salad.
- Serve immediately.