Recipe by selfmadegirl
whhhhhhat?! Surprisingly delicious, a great way to use chickpeas in a non-savoury manner!
Top Review by ShortieNJ
These are pretty good, actually a little too sweet (maybe too much jam for my tastes?). I didn't have spelt flour (not even sure what it is), so I used regular - not sure if that makes a difference...the batter comes out extremely thick - use a heavy duty mixer/blender. They taste like a peanut butter and jelly mixture...not so much like a blondie. glad i tried this. Made for PAC Fall 2009
- 15 ounces chickpeas (cooked)
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup raspberry jam
- 1⁄4 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons spelt flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Lightly coat an 8-inch (20-cm) square baking pan with spray.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients and blend until perfectly smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothen out.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden on top.
- Place the pan on a wire rack and let cool completely before slicing.
- Refridgerate before eatting.