Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
When we opened our own little restaurant we were shocked at how much vegetarian food cost us to buy in. A friend gave us this recipe and they cost next to nothing compared to what we were paying
- 1 onion, chopped
- 250 g grated carrots
- 250 g finely chopped courgettes
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups cooked mashed chickpeas
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon korma curry paste (or more to taste)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- salt and pepper
- Saute onion, carrot and courgette until soft.
- Mix in all of the following ingredients and shape into patties of desired size.
- Chill slightly to firm and then fry slowly in olive oil.
- Use on their own or in burgers.