Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this yummy and unique vegetarian pasta recipe from Real Simple, and that's just what it is! Crushed red pepper flakes give it a great kick, but if you're not into heat leave them out. The best part of this dish, it's all made in one pot, so cleanup is a breeze!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 7 cups low sodium vegetable broth (I have used chicken broth, as well)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb thin whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the broth, red pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth is nearly absorbed and the pasta is al dente, about six minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas and parsley.
- Divide among individual bowls and top with the almonds and cheese.
Love it!! Thanks!
Fabulous, unique pasta dish. For my hubby who enjoys meat I steamed a chicken breast cut it up and added it to his plate. I only used 4 cups of broth but other than that followed the recipe and it turned out great! Easy and tasty!
Great! So tasty! I had a big can of chickpeas in my cupboard that I had no use for till this recipe came along! I'm always trying to find new no-meat recipes that my husband will like and this was definitely one of them. A keeper.