Recipe by Goodlookin' Cookin'
I got this yummy and unique vegetarian pasta recipe from Real Simple, and that's just what it is! Crushed red pepper flakes give it a great kick, but if you're not into heat leave them out. The best part of this dish, it's all made in one pot, so cleanup is a breeze!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 7 cups low sodium vegetable broth (I have used chicken broth, as well)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 lb thin whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup roasted unsalted almonds, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the broth, red pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until the broth is nearly absorbed and the pasta is al dente, about six minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas and parsley.
- Divide among individual bowls and top with the almonds and cheese.