Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a different and very tasty salad. I have even added cooked chicken or beef to the mixture. Prep time does not include boiling the pasta and cooking time is chilling time. Adjust all amounts to taste.
- 4 ounces uncooked spinach rotini pasta or 4 ounces fusilli
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed, and drained
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped carrot, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise, to taste (Hellman's is best)
- 2 -4 teaspoons prepared whole grain mustard
- salt or seasoning salt, to taste
- black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Cook pasta in boiling water until firm-tender drain, and rinse under cold water until cool; drain again well.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cooked pasta, chick-peas, carrot, bell pepper and green onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mayo, mustard, black pepper, salt and Italian seasoning until well blended (adding more spices to taste); pour over the salad; toss to coat evenly.
- Cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours to blend flavors.
You've done it again, Kit. Another 5 star recipe. This was simply delicious. I really like the addition of the chick peas with the pasta. It's almost a complete meal in a bowl. I did use a whole grain pasta instead of spinach. This dish would probably look nicer with the green pasta.