Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Taken from the Lifestyle section of our local newspaper.
- 1⁄2 cup pancetta, diced
- 1 leek, sliced finely
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 potato, large, peeled, cubed finely
- 300 g chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups stock
- salt and pepper
- Heat a splash of olive oil in saucepan over high heat.
- Cook pancetta 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add leek and cook till soft.
- Add carrot, potato, chickpeas and stock.
- Bring to the boil, season, simmer 15 minutes till potato is cooked.
- Serve with sprinkled parsley and parmesan.
I liked the simplicity of this soup and the flavours blended well; just perfect for a cooler fall day.
Oh yum! I never expected pancetta to add so much flavour to this soup. I dithered over whether to add some herbs, but am so glad I didn't. This is a lovely and hearty soup, and a perfect meal on a chilly autumn day. I used vegetable stock. My only change was to add a diced zucchini that needed to be used. My photos show how late afternoon light can vary across the garden. Thanks so much for posting.