- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cup orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 5 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil over medium heat in a large, deep skillet with a lid. Sauté the onion, carrot, and garlic with the curry powder and thyme until onion is soft.
- Add the orzo and sauté until the pasta is lightly browned. Stir in the chicken broth, chickpeas, and chili sauce; bring to a boil.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and reduce the heat to low. Simmer the stew 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the orzo is fully cooked. (The stew should be a little brothy, not dry.).