Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
You can sprinkle these on salads or use them for crunchy chickpea tacos! They get their crunch from baking in the oven.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- While chickpeas are in a colander, pat them dry with a paper towel to remove excess water.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss chickpeas with the lime juice, olive oil, and seasonings.
- Place chickpeas in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
Super yum! Great for snacking, and as Deb said, they'd be delish in salads. I wish I'd have given mine an extra 5 minutes, I was worried they'd be too well done (never know with my oven), so I set it a bit early - next time I'll leave them in the full time to get the full-on crunch. Thanks, planthappymamma, for the great recipe! Made for Veggie Swap 28 - September.
These were very good. I was very pleased the the crispiness of the final product and enjoyed the flavor of the seasonings very much.
A very tasty snack that would also be good on soups and salads, these chickpeas crisped up very nicely and the spices are perfect. I made two batches one as written and one adding a 1/2 teaspoon black pepper both very yummy. Thanks for the post.