1/3 Photos of Chickpea, Mushroom, Cheese and Egg Omelet
This recipe was created for the “Dining on A Dollar” contest. This dish is very easy to make and using ingredients that can often be found in your kitchen. Chickpeas (also know as garbanzo bean, Indian pea, ceci bean, Bengal gram) is one of the required ingredients to use and combined with mushrooms, cheese and a touch of tomato sauce makes this egg omelet a tasty one for breakfast or brunch to try.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon dried onion, Minced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 8 eggs, large
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can mushroom pieces (drained mushrooms)
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans (drained)
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, cut up into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- 1In a sauce pan add the cooking oil and then the dried minced onions and stir-fry for about a minute, then add the tomato sauce and stir fry for two minutes, set aside.
- 2TO MAKE ONE OMELET.
- 3In a small bowl add 2 eggs and whisk with a fork, set aside.
- 4Using a Teflon non-stick frying pan add 1 tablespoon of the margarine and coat the entire surface of the pan, then when hot add 2 eggs.
- 5When the eggs start to set in the pan, add some mushroom pieces, some garbanzo beans,.
- 6some cheese (spread out evenly).
- 7Next place a pan cover on top and cook until the eggs and ingredients appears cooked (about 2 minutes or more).
- 8Remove the cover, sprinkle some Mr. Dash on top and drizzle some tomato sauce on top (to taste) as well.
- 9Take a standard size plate (the same size as the frying pan) and hold in one hand and at the same time hold the frying pan in your other hand, Next tilt the pan and start sliding the omelet onto the plate… or half way onto the plate you can flip over the omelet with the pan, to close omelet, It takes a little practice and not necessary to use a spatula.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea, Mushroom, Cheese and Egg Omelet
Serving Size: 1 (417 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 674.6
- Calories from Fat 405
- Total Fat 45.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 482.5 mg
- Sodium 1266.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 34.7 g