Recipe by Lorianne1
A quick and easy Vegetarian dish. Many times when I make this, I use a jar of spaghetti sauce rather than making my own sauce--makes it quicker and easier. You can also change the veggies you add to the sauce.
Top Review by Lil Sis
This was pretty good. I used a jar of Paul Newman's sockarooni sauce and added a can of diced tomatoes with italian seasonings. I just realized I forgot to add the parmesan, but we still liked the flavor. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup onion (diced)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive (coarsley chopped)
- 1 (10 ounce) box couscous
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in sauce pan.
- Saute garlic, onion, and red pepper in olive oil for 5 min--until tender.
- Add crushed tomatoes, chickpeas, olives, herbs, salt. and sugar. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions.
- Serve sauce over couscous and top with parmesan cheese.