Recipe by RedVinoGirl
Snagged the base for this recipe from Allrecipes. Now one of my family's FAVORITE pasta salads. And it's healthy to boot!!
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
I was looking for a quick and easy to prepare lunch recipe yesterday and stumbled upon this, for which I had all the ingredients. DH and I were pleased with the way it turned out, enjoyed the flavors, and thought the prep went quickly, especially with both of us chopping. It is very good today, as well, when I had it for leftovers. The only comment for the future was that DH misses the tang that red wine vinegar gives to other salads with similar ingredients we have had in the past. Perhaps we will experiment with that next time. Thanks for posting.
- 1 cup macaroni
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (garbanzo beans)
- 6 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup kalamata olive, halved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring a medium saucepan of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse under cold water to chill, and drain.
- Meanwhile, combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, onion, garlic, feta cheese, olives, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Set aside to marinate while the pasta is cooking.
- Mix macaroni with chickpea mixture. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes to blend flavors.