Recipe by stormylee
A lovely savoury loaf with some extra crunch from hazelnuts! I made this for DH's vegetarian daughter this Christmas - it was a big hit with the carnivores, too! Recipe adapted from Kasviskasari website. ETA: Note that the potatoes must be grated very fine. The end result should be more like mash, not shreds - this way they won't be left uncooked.
- 1 (400 g) can chickpeas
- 100 ml raisins (optional)
- 200 ml chopped hazelnuts
- 300 -350 g potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt (I use about 1 teaspoon)
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak raisins (if using) for a few hours to plump them up.
- Preheat oven to 150°C Line a loaf pan with foil.
- Finely chop onion. Peel and finely grate potatoes.
- Drain and rinse chickpeas. Mash.
- Combine onion, potatoes and chickpeas. Add raisins, oil and seasonings. Mix well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan, press down gently and smooth the surface. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.