Recipe by kelly in TO
Oh Jamie Oliver, we love you here in Toronto too, come visit us won't you? haha. This is a great soup, it has more of a stew consistency actually, just with yummy healthy chickpeas, leeks & cheese!
Top Review by g82062
Ummm Ummm Good! Had everything on hand except I happen to have a bag of roasted thyme with sesame seeds and salt in it and used that instead of regular dried thyme. Oh, I loved it, especially with the olive oil and Parmesan cheese. PS: I also added some crushed red pepper to it in my bowl. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 medium leeks
- 15 g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 22.18 ml thyme
- 400 g chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 600 ml chicken stock
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled & chopped
- salt & pepper
- extra virgin olive oil
- parmesan cheese, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim, separate and rinse leeks.
- Slice the leeks into fine shreds and place into soup pot along with the butter, garlic & thyme, stir, cover and let slowly cook until the leeks become softened slightly.
- Add the chickpeas to the leeks with the chicken stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil then simmer for about half and hour or until the potatoes are well cooked.
- If the soup is to thick, thin it down with a little boiling water.
- Break up the chickpeas & pieces of potato to thicken it slightly. Season the soup with salt and pepper
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and drizzle on some olive oil.