Oh Jamie Oliver, we love you here in Toronto too, come visit us won't you? haha. This is a great soup, it has more of a stew consistency actually, just with yummy healthy chickpeas, leeks & cheese!
- Trim, separate and rinse leeks.
- Slice the leeks into fine shreds and place into soup pot along with the butter, garlic & thyme, stir, cover and let slowly cook until the leeks become softened slightly.
- Add the chickpeas to the leeks with the chicken stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil then simmer for about half and hour or until the potatoes are well cooked.
- If the soup is to thick, thin it down with a little boiling water.
- Break up the chickpeas & pieces of potato to thicken it slightly. Season the soup with salt and pepper
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and drizzle on some olive oil.