1/1 Photo of Chickpea, Leek & Parmesan Soup
kelly in TO's Note:
Oh Jamie Oliver, we love you here in Toronto too, come visit us won't you? haha. This is a great soup, it has more of a stew consistency actually, just with yummy healthy chickpeas, leeks & cheese!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim, separate and rinse leeks.
- 2Slice the leeks into fine shreds and place into soup pot along with the butter, garlic & thyme, stir, cover and let slowly cook until the leeks become softened slightly.
- 3Add the chickpeas to the leeks with the chicken stock and potatoes. Bring to a boil then simmer for about half and hour or until the potatoes are well cooked.
- 4If the soup is to thick, thin it down with a little boiling water.
- 5Break up the chickpeas & pieces of potato to thicken it slightly. Season the soup with salt and pepper
- 6Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and drizzle on some olive oil.
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea, Leek & Parmesan Soup
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.3
- Calories from Fat 56
- Total Fat 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 12.5 mg
- Sodium 553.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 11.7 g