Prep 2 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great, tasty, healthy & fast little snack! Love to have these around in bowls while watching games.....From Quick & Simple magazine.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt butter over med-hi heat until browned-about 3 minutes. Meanwhile drain and rinse beans; pat & set aside.
- Add beans, Italian seasoning, cayenne and salt to the skillet; cook about 7 minutes or until beans brown slightly, shaking pan occasionally. Transfer beans to a snack bowl and serve warm or at room temperature.
Quick and easy. This particular flavoring combination wasn't my favorite, but this technique is definitely more convenient (and energy-efficient) than toasting them in the oven. The amount of butter looks scant, but it really is enough.