Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1⁄2 lb green beans
DRESSING FOR CHICKPEAS
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
DRESSING FOR BEANS
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Heat chickpeas in their liquid and drain.
- Place in a bowl.
- Combine all ingredients for chickpea dressing and pour over chickpeas while they are still warm.
- Mix well.
- Cool, cover and set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for green bean dressing.
- Wash and trim beans, and cut into 3/4-inch long pieces.
- Steam or boil beans until just tender.
- Drain thoroughly.
- Shake them in a colander until they look very dry.
- Put beans in a separate bowl from chickpeas and pour bean dressing over them.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Combine the two beans and mix well.
- It's best to let the chickpeas sit in their dressing for several hours before mixing them with the green beans so the chickpeas can absorb the flavors.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.