Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
Was looking for something different. Tried this last night with hopes of leftovers for lunch. No such luck..
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 -8 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked elbow macaroni
- romano cheese
- In a large pot over medium heat combine oil& garlic.
- Saute 3 minutes.
- Add rosemary& oragano.
- Saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes& simmer 15-20 minutes Puree 1/2 of chickpeas in Blender or food processer Add the stock, chickpeas& simmer 10 minutes.
- Add cooked macaroni.
- Heat through completely about 5 minutes.
- season with pepper& cheese if desired.
- Serves 4-6.