Recipe by English_Rose
Thick and warming this unusual mint-laced soup is a real winner especially if served with toasted pita and hummus to dip it in!
Top Review by Elmotoo
I'm not sure what happened. maybe my mint wasn't fresh enough? maybe it was because i didn't have a full ounce (closer to 1/2 oz)? this just didn't do it for me. i tried pureeing it some. it also took quite a bit of salt. i also added a bit of cayenne. i might try this again with more fresher mint. thank you for posting!
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 head garlic, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 sticks celery
- 14 ounces tinned chickpeas, drained
- 1 ounce mint, finely chopped
- 3 1⁄4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and fry the garlic, onion and celery for 4-5 minutes. Add the chickpeas to the pan and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Now add the finely chopped mint, stirring well, and then pour over the vegetable broth and tahini. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for at least 30 minutes. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.