Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
these were a mix of what I had available and they turned out beautifully! Lots of fresh herbs make it wonderfully tasty.
- 1 (440 g) can chickpeas, drained and mashed
- 1 sweet potato
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 -10 large basil leaves
- 6 -10 fresh oregano leaves
- 3 small shallots, and or 3 small chives
- 6 -10 mint leaves
- 1 small bunch parsley
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 a small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup plain flour
- squeeze lemon juice
- Steam and mash the sweet potato and add to the chickpeas.
- Finely chop the herbs and add to bowl.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Stir into a thick paste.
- Shape into small balls and shallow fry til brown over a medium heat.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce and fresh garden salad.