1/4 Photos of Chickpea Flour Pizza
Source: Food and Wine Magazine archive by Madhur Jaffrey NOTE: After two reviews regarding the size of this, I have changed this to serving one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the broiler.
- 2Sift the chickpea flour with the salt into a medium bowl.
- 3Slowly add 1/4 cup of the water, whisking constantly to form a paste. Beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. Whisk in the remaining 1/4 cup of water and let the batter stand at room temperature for 30 minutes, then stir in the rosemary.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a 12" nonstick ovenproof skillet.
- 5Stir the batter once, pour it into the skillet and drizzle the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil on top.
- 6Cook the pizza over moderately high heat until the bottom is golden and crisp and the top is almost set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 7Burst any large air bubbles with the tip of a knife.
- 8Sprinkle the tomato, onion, Parmesan and pepper over the top, then place the skillet under the broiler and cook until the pizza is golden and crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 9Slide the pizza onto a work surface, cut into wedges and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Flour Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 432.6
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 1009.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 6.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: