Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I bought some chickpea flour, and I really wasn't sure what to do with it. I found this recipe, and I tried it. The cookies turn out kind of cake-like, but nice. One word of caution, the batter tastes disgusting, but it shouldn't be a reflection on the end result.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups chickpea flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- chopped nuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix chickpea flour, salt, soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet. I use parchment paper, but if you don't, grease the baking sheet. (If your dough is very thick, push it down and spread it out a little. My dough was soft and sticky, and it melted and spread out in the oven.).
- Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes. These cookies will have to be a little darker than golden brown so that they will set and hold together.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing. Cool completely on a wire rack.
This recipe makes a near-perfect cookie. My gluten-TOLerant boyfriend eats most of them every time I make them >(. I tried adding cocoa powder to the mix - about 1/3 cup - and got a fantastic, rich & chewy brownie cookie. They are super sweet, and still turned out great when I reduced the sugar by 1/3. Now I want to experiment with adding oats and chocolate chips, and eventually do a soft gingersnap version. Thanks, MissLinguist!
These were wonderful! i have recently gone gluten free. there are many recipes for baked goods using combinations of different gluten-free flours... it can get very complicated. this recipe is so straightforward and delicious! i used sliced almonds for the nuts, and i subbed flax seed meal/water for the eggs. no one could tell they were made from chickpea flour! great recipe, will definitely make again. thanks MissLinguist!
This was great. I try and eat low carb/high fiber when ever possible. I used 1 cup dark chocolate chips and 1 cup brown sugar blend splenda and it was great. THANKS