I bought some chickpea flour, and I really wasn't sure what to do with it. I found this recipe, and I tried it. The cookies turn out kind of cake-like, but nice. One word of caution, the batter tastes disgusting, but it shouldn't be a reflection on the end result.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix chickpea flour, salt, soda, and baking powder in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Stir in chips and nuts.
- Drop by the tablespoon onto a baking sheet. I use parchment paper, but if you don't, grease the baking sheet. (If your dough is very thick, push it down and spread it out a little. My dough was soft and sticky, and it melted and spread out in the oven.).
- Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes. These cookies will have to be a little darker than golden brown so that they will set and hold together.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before removing. Cool completely on a wire rack.