1 hr 30 mins
This looks interesting and different. I am guessing you could fairly easily mix up the sort of veg you are roasting for the dish. I found it in the 2008 copy of 'Vegetarian Christmas' special put out by the BBC Good Food Magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 3 (14 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- lemon wedge, to garnish
- flat leaf parsley, to garnish
For The Roasted vegetables
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Put the parsnips and carrots into a roasting dish with the olive oil, honey, lemon juice and zest.
- 3Season with some salt and pepper and mix gently.
- 4Roast in the oven for about 1 hour, turning the vegetables occasionally.
- 5To make the flatcake, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a pad.
- 6Add the onions and cover and fry gently for 10 minutes.
- 7Add the garlic and cumin seeds and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- 8Meanwhile process the chickpeas in a food processor until ground.
- 9Remove the pan from the heat, stir in the chickpeas, egg and some salt and pepper.
- 10Put the mixture into a lightly oiled 11 inch round loose-based tin (I am translating that from cm in the original recipe so do as close as you can) and smooth the top.
- 11Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- 12Remove the foil, pour the remaining oil over the top and bake for a further 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown - but don't let it get dry.
- 13Remove from the oven.
- 14Turn the flatcake out of the tin and slide it onto a warm serving dish.
- 15Spoon the roasted vegetables on top.
- 16Garnish with lemon wedges and parsley to serve.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Flatcake With Honey Roasted Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (682 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 803.4
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 996.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 121.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.1 g
- Sugars 27.8 g
- Protein 20.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of