Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another delicious find!
Make and share this Chickpea, Fish and Olive Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 800 g whole canned tomatoes
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 59.14 ml small black olives
- 200 ml water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 600 g firm skinless white fish fillets
- 118.29 ml flat leaf parsley, finely shredded
- Heat oil in a large deep frypan and cook onion over medium-low heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft but not coloured.
- Add garlic, wine and bay leaves.
- Increase heat to medium, allowing the wine to simmer and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, olives and water, and simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized chunks, slip into the stew and simmer gently for 6-8 minutes until it starts to flake.
- Stir in parsley and spoon among bowls to serve.