Chickpea, Fish and Olive Stew
- Heat oil in a large deep frypan and cook onion over medium-low heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft but not coloured.
- Add garlic, wine and bay leaves.
- Increase heat to medium, allowing the wine to simmer and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, olives and water, and simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut the fish into bite-sized chunks, slip into the stew and simmer gently for 6-8 minutes until it starts to flake.
- Stir in parsley and spoon among bowls to serve.