Another delicious find!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- 800 g whole canned tomatoes
- 400 g chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup small black olives
- 200 ml water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 600 g firm skinless white fish fillets
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, finely shredded
- 1Heat oil in a large deep frypan and cook onion over medium-low heat, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft but not coloured.
- 2Add garlic, wine and bay leaves.
- 3Increase heat to medium, allowing the wine to simmer and reduce for 2-3 minutes.
- 4Add the tomatoes, chickpeas, olives and water, and simmer gently for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up tomatoes.
- 5Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 6Cut the fish into bite-sized chunks, slip into the stew and simmer gently for 6-8 minutes until it starts to flake.
- 7Stir in parsley and spoon among bowls to serve.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea, Fish and Olive Stew
Serving Size: 1 (573 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 364.3
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 100.5 mg
- Sodium 743.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 34.6 g