Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Bon Appetit--this is a light luncheon/dinner. You can also eat this over mixed greens as a salad.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) candrained and rinsed chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped seeded cucumbers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄3 cup chopped parsley
- 4 pita bread, cut in halves
- plain yogurt (to garnish)
- Whisk together oil, vinegar, spices.
- Put chickpeas in a bowl, add some dressing to cover.
- Meanwhile, chop vegetables and add to bowl.
- Add feta and parsley.
- Add remaining dressing.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Fill pita halves and top with yogurt.
I like this recipe. It's light, nutritious and yummy. I followed Evelyns suggestion and added some garlic and fresh mint. Thanks Chia!
I knew by the list of ingredients that I was going to love these sandwiches - I did! So fresh-tasting and GOOD for you!!! I used red-wine vinegar instead of white, an eentsy garlic clove in the dressing and also added a good fistful of fresh spearmint leaves, which are so good with all these flavours. It's a keeper, chia.
A great recipe. I am always looking for light, low fat recipes, and this one fit the bill. Served it with Tzatziki recipe #88946 and it was delicious. Thanks Chia for a great recipe.