Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe has a wonderful mix of soft and crunchy textures.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, reserve half the liquid
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2⁄3 cup oatmeal, ground
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup fat free Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 apples, deseeded and julienned
- 1 small red bell pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 cup corn, rinsed and drained
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grind chickpeas, chickpea liquid, and garlic in a food processor or blender until smooth. Empty into a bowl and mix in ground oatmeal, eggs, curry, cumin, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, and 2-3 Tbsp cilantro.
- Drop batter in to 2-3 inch patties onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together Greek yogurt, 3 Tbsp lime juice, and dried dill in a small bowl to make the topping.
- In a medium bowl, mix together apples, red bell pepper, corn, 1/4 cup lime juice, 2-3 Tbsp cilantro, and salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
- Top falafel patties with 1 Tbsp Greek yogurt and about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of apple bean salsa.