Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an excellent dip w/ veggies to take to work instead of all those cookies, cakes & junk food that our office seems to bring into work each week. Although I don't care for the hot pepper sauce, it does give it that kick. There is only 157 calories, and Total Fat is 4 grams, and 5 grams of Fiber.
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 red onion, diced
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 roma tomatoes, finely chopped
- Blend chickpeas, yogurt, lemon juice, olive oil, and hot sauce in a blender until smooth.
- Transfer dip to a shallow serving bowl, and pile the colorful vegetables on top, leaving an outer rim of dip to be seen.
- Serve with pita bread or toasted wheat bread triangles.