Recipe by Anne Sainz
This delicious curry is from the Nutritarian recipes section of drfuhrman.com. It's quick and easy since it uses canned or dried ingredients so there is no chopping. I like to use a bag of frozen cut spinach for this recipe when available. The cut spinach is not as fine as chopped spinach.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low-sodium chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- 20 ounces frozen chopped spinach
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, add all ingredients except spinach.
- Bring to boil over high heat, cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add frozen spinach, cover, and continue cooking until the spinach is cooked, about 5 more minutes, stirring frequently.