Recipe by Chef Dudo
Most curry recipes are for four or more. Of course you can halve, quarter or whatever, but this sounded so easy I had to try it.
Top Review by Irmgard
This is really tasty and so easy to prepare. I made it while the rice cooked and the two were ready at the same time. It was sufficient for my husband and me and I will have enough to take to work for lunch.
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garam masala
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a deep saucepan and add the oil followed by onions mushrooms and garlic.
- Fry the mixture till the onions are caramelised.
- Then add salt, cumin, coriander, turmeric and red chili powder.
- Mix for a minute and add in the chopped tomato.
- Cook the sauce until it begins to thicken.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and stir.
- Add chickpeas and mix.
- Mash a few of the chickpeas while cooking.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then add grated ginger and garam masala.
- Cook for another minute.
- Serve over rice.