Chef Dudo's Note:
Most curry recipes are for four or more. Of course you can halve, quarter or whatever, but this sounded so easy I had to try it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/2 lb mushroom, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 inches fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1Heat a deep saucepan and add the oil followed by onions mushrooms and garlic.
- 2Fry the mixture till the onions are caramelised.
- 3Then add salt, cumin, coriander, turmeric and red chili powder.
- 4Mix for a minute and add in the chopped tomato.
- 5Cook the sauce until it begins to thicken.
- 6Add 1/4 cup of water and stir.
- 7Add chickpeas and mix.
- 8Mash a few of the chickpeas while cooking.
- 9Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 10Then add grated ginger and garam masala.
- 11Cook for another minute.
- 12Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Curry for Two
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.8
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 899.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.6 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 14.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: