1/1 Photo of Chickpea Curry
This is from a great old TV programme called "food and drink" sadly it is no more but I have kept this recipe on a piece of paper for years although I know it by heart the cat has just shredded the original so it is now here where she can't get it ;)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 400 g canned chick-peas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 2 inches piece gingerroot (grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 fresh tomatoes or 200 g canned tomatoes
- 1 pinch garam masala
- 1Heat a deep saucepan or a medium sized wok and add the oil or butter followed by the onions and garlic.
- 2Fry the mixture till the onions are caramelised. Then add the salt, cumin, coriander, turmeric and red chilli powders. Mix for a minute and tip in the tomatoes. Cook the sauce until it begins to thicken.
- 3Add ¼ cup of water and stir. Then tip in the chickpeas and mix. Mash a few of the chickpeas while mixing.
- 4Cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Then add the ginger and the garam masala.
- 5Cook for another minute and serve.
Browse Our Top Curries Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Curry
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 338.7
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 898.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.5 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 11.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: