Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is just a great side saladish dish; sometimes I'll cook up some greens (swiss chard or kale or something) for dinner with a side of this!
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 3⁄4 cup dry israeli couscous
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup crushed walnuts
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Prepare couscous and let cool. In a seperate bowl, combine couscous, cranberries, walnuts and scallions. Sprinkle with salt. Add couscous once it's cooled.
- While couscous is cooling, combine olive oil, soy sauce, agave nectar, curry powder and salt. Pour this dressing over couscous.
This is wonderful! Even my DH said "I didn't think I would like this but it was awesome!" I didn't have agave so I used about a teaspoon of sugar and left out the garlic. I would do it exactly the same way next time. The combination of textures is perfect! Thanks so much for the wonderful recipe Emily!
Everyone liked it - even our toddler! I only used 1T of olive oil. I didn't have agave so I through in a dash of sugar. I put in a dash of garlic powder instead of fresh.
This was good. I didn't have any agave nectar, so I left it out and only used about 1 tablespoon of olive oil. I think the 1 tablespoon of oil was plenty. In the directions she doesn't mention the garlic although it is in the ingredients list. Next time I think I will leave out the garlic as it seemed to overpower the dish.