Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Aka "dessert hummus". I came across this recipe on a weight loss-related message board and thought it sounded interesting. Supposedly a high-protein, healthy alternative when you need a sweet fix. Let me know what you think!
- 2 cups chickpeas, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- Rinse & peel the chickpeas.
- Place chickpeas, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Remove from food processor and stir in chocolate chips.
- Serve with apple slices.