Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great substitution for chicken cutlets, modified from a recipe from examiner.com
Make and share this Chickpea Chicken Cutlet Vegan recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked, canned
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- olive oil, for pan frying
- In a mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas together with the oil until no chickpeas are left. Add the remaining ingredients and knead together for about 3 minutes.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Divide the cutlet dough into 4 equal pieces. To form cutlets, knead each piece in your hand for a few moments and then flatten and stretch each one into a roughly 6 by 4 inch rectangular cutlet shape.
- Add a moderately thin layer, approximately 2 Tbsp., olive oil to the bottom of the pan. Place the cutlets in the pan and cook on each side for 6 to 7 minutes. Add more oil, if needed, when you flip the cutlets.
- The cutlets are ready when lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- Oven baked chickpea cutlets:.
- Spray or oil a baking sheet with olive oil. Brush or spray cutlets with olive oil and place on tray. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Flip cutlets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until they are firm and golden brown.