Chickpea Chicken Cutlet Vegan
- In a mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas together with the oil until no chickpeas are left. Add the remaining ingredients and knead together for about 3 minutes.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Divide the cutlet dough into 4 equal pieces. To form cutlets, knead each piece in your hand for a few moments and then flatten and stretch each one into a roughly 6 by 4 inch rectangular cutlet shape.
- Add a moderately thin layer, approximately 2 Tbsp., olive oil to the bottom of the pan. Place the cutlets in the pan and cook on each side for 6 to 7 minutes. Add more oil, if needed, when you flip the cutlets.
- The cutlets are ready when lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- Oven baked chickpea cutlets:.
- Spray or oil a baking sheet with olive oil. Brush or spray cutlets with olive oil and place on tray. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Flip cutlets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until they are firm and golden brown.