This is a great substitution for chicken cutlets, modified from a recipe from examiner.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked, canned
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rubbed sage
- olive oil, for pan frying
- 1In a mixing bowl, mash the chickpeas together with the oil until no chickpeas are left. Add the remaining ingredients and knead together for about 3 minutes.
- 2Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- 3Divide the cutlet dough into 4 equal pieces. To form cutlets, knead each piece in your hand for a few moments and then flatten and stretch each one into a roughly 6 by 4 inch rectangular cutlet shape.
- 4Add a moderately thin layer, approximately 2 Tbsp., olive oil to the bottom of the pan. Place the cutlets in the pan and cook on each side for 6 to 7 minutes. Add more oil, if needed, when you flip the cutlets.
- 5The cutlets are ready when lightly browned and firm to the touch.
- 6Oven baked chickpea cutlets:.
- 7Spray or oil a baking sheet with olive oil. Brush or spray cutlets with olive oil and place on tray. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Flip cutlets and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until they are firm and golden brown.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Chicken Cutlet Vegan
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.2
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 781.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: