1/2 Photos of Chickpea Cassoulet with Tomatoes and Chard
This is a great vegan dish. You can make it dairy by substituting the soy cheese with a good Edam.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pinches red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 bunch chard leaves, leaves only (or fresh or frozen spinach)
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated soy cheese
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 pinch saffron thread (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Cook pasta al dente; drain.
- 3Saute onion, garlic, crushed red pepper, herbs, paprika, and saffron (if desired).
- 4Cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently until onions are soft about 8 minutes.
- 5Add chickpeas, 1/2 cup of their liquid and tomatoes.
- 6Season with pepper.
- 7Lower heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- 8If pan becomes dry, add a little water to keep it moist.
- 9Steam chard until bright green and tender.
- 10Remove, chop coarsely, season with pepper and if desired salt.
- 11Put pasta in casserole, add chick pea-tomato mixture, chard and cheese.
- 12Toss until well mixed.
- 13Cover with foil and bake until warmed through, about 20 minutes.
- 14Serve with additional grated cheese if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Cassoulet with Tomatoes and Chard
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 317.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 219.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: