Recipe by cookiedog
Serve this with warmed pita bread, sliced into wedges. Representing NA*ME for ZWT 6. From Fine Cooking
- 19 ounces can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh flat leaf parsley, very coarsely chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed shredded carrot (from about 1 large carrot)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced radish (about 6 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion, white and green parts (about 4)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese (optional) or 1⁄3 cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put 1/2 cup of the chickpeas in a mixing bowl and mash them into a coarse paste with a potato masher or large wooden spoon. Toss in the remaining chickpeas along with the parsley, carrot, radishes, and scallions. Stir to combine.
- In a liquid measuring cup, whisk together the lemon juice, coriander, 1/2 teaspoons salt, and a few generous grinds of black pepper. Continue whisking while adding the olive oil in a slow stream. Pour over the salad and toss gently. Season the salad with salt and pepper to taste. Top with the feta or pine nuts, if using, and serve immediately.