I found this recipe on-line and tweaked it a bit. This vegetarian dish makes even this omnivore's mouth water. Yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet onions
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (6 1/2 inch) whole wheat pita bread or 2 (6 1/2 inch) corn tortillas, warmed
- 1/2 cup low-fat plain yogurt or 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons tahini (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Place chickpeas, onion, egg, flour, oregano, cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt and mix well either in a food processor or using a potato masher.
- 2Form into 4 patties.
- 3Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Add patties and cook until golden and beginning to crisp, 4 to 5 minutes.
- 5Carefully flip and cook until golden brown, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- 6Warm wraps by placing them over chick pea burgers.
- 7Combine yogurt/sour cream , tahini, lemon juice, parsley, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl.
- 8Place patties on the pitas/tortillas and serve with the sauce.
- 9Top burgers with tomato slices and/or avocado slices and lettuce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chickpea Burgers With Garlic Mayonnaise
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 367.0
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 50.2 mg
- Sodium 1052.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 12.7 g